Thursday, July 21, 2011

Delight in your way

Delighting in your way

Psalm 37:23-24 (ESV)
{23} The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way; {24} though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand.

Yesterday I wrote extensively about this scriputre, but didn't focus on the condition that must be met. This scripture says our steps are established by the Lord. There's two ways to look at this scripture. One, our steps are established by the Lord, and he catches us when we fall -PERIOD. The second is conditional. That when we delight in the path we are on, God catches us when we fall. The inference is that when we dont delight, He doesn't catch.

I read this verse in a few different translations and realize the difficulty in translating the original intent. That said, I will point out the obvious: the unquestioned truth is that if we take joy in our circumstances, God will protect us. Every day is a good day if you know the Lord. Every circumstance in life may not be comfortable, but I can still rejoice in the fact that I'm saved and loved.

So, whatever circumstance you and I are living in, we need to pray and seek for that ability to "delight". I know that's easier said than done. Today I will embark on some 'uncharted territory' in my life and admittedly have a truckload of emotions but delight isn't one of them. So my advice is "pray till the delight comes".

Father,

I continue to be "up and down" on this whole concept of 'delighting in my way'. Doubt and confusion at times create that 'fog' that causes me fear and frustration rather than delight. I acknowledge my struggle to truly 'believe' that I can delight in stressful circumstances, but I know that your word is true. I commit myself to delight in my path today, even though I have huge amounts of fear and 'failure feelings' about that path. I will rejoice anyway. This is a good day, because today you will help me become more like your Son. Today is a good day, because you are walking with me. This current journey is a good one because the outcome will be for the glory of God.

So, I choose to delight in my path today. Thank you for letting me walk THIS road.

No comments: